MyCryptoChat is a simple PHP encrypted chat rooms manager. Everything is encrypted on the client side, so noone can spy on what you say.First version
The first version was in ASP.Net MVC. You can find it here: http://mycryptochat.codeplex.com/Test it!
You can test it here: http://mycryptochatphp.azurewebsites.net/Features:
- KISS, only 2 buttons : "create a chat room" and "send a message"
- The encryption is done by your browser, so the server doesn't know what you say
- Every chat room has an expiration time (15 minutes to 24 hours)
- Data is encrypted/decrypted in the browser using 256 bits AES
- You can change the encryption key in your browser to set your own key
- Number of online users on the chat is displayed
- Uses Vizhash to generate an avatar for each user
- You can set the chat room to self destroy if more than one person goes on it
- Download the zip file
- Unzip it
- Copy and paste the content on your server
- Give the read/write permissions to "db/chatrooms.sqlite" and "db/logs.txt"
- Change the seed in "inc/constants.php"
- Enjoy! :)
- XSS break fix
- Now tests run on index.php to check that everything is ok (PDO, PDO_SQLite, rights to edit files, etc.)
- Now there are logs in "db/logs.txt" if some issues appear with the database
- The number of visitors doesn't work
Tommy of HowTommy.net http://blog.howtommy.net
Contact : http://blog.howtommy.net/?d=2010/01/01/01/01/01-me-contacterScreenshots